- 13th January, 2020, 10.00am – 4.00pm BUY NOW
- tea, coffee and biscuits available all day. Please bring your own lunch
We are often asked about how to approach abstract painting. Why not take a step towards Abstract Expressionism on this one day workshop with Eve Dawson?
During this workshop Eve will be introducing and sharing with you her own particular expressive, intuitive way of working.
Acrylics are an exciting material to use with almost endless options. Eve will demystify and enthuse, showing you how adaptable, flexible and user friendly these materials can be. The one day workshop is suitable for people who are just starting out as painters, and those who are wishing to build on their existing skills.
Through the day Eve will lead you step by step into creating a multi layered spontaneous expressive work of art by introducing you to acrylic paints, acrylic mediums, techniques of laying down paint and a variety of mark making techniques. Eve will provide you with the encouragement and confidence to create your own abstract expressive painting on canvas.
Materials Needed – see our CASS ART acrylic basket for 10% discount. Do not feel you have to buy everything new – bring what you have and top ups with what you don’t have.
- 1 or 2 large canvases (ready made from CASS Arts)
- Masking Tape
- A selection of paintbrushes, palette or painting knives, anything that can be used to apply paint as well as any large house brushes
- Large tubes of the following:
- Burnt Umber
- Titanium White
- Cling film
- Paint Pens (Acrylic)
- Gloss Medium
- Kitchen roll
- Disposable Gloves
- Jam Jars for cleaning brushes
[…] A Step towards Abstract Expressionism […]