How to use acrylics – five days
- Monday 20th January, 3rd and 17th February, 9th and 23rd March
- 10.00am – 4.00pm
- £400/person, or £80/day BUY NOW
- Tea, coffee and biscuits throughout the day. Please bring your own lunch
Over these five days Eve Dawson will give you an introduction to all aspects of painting with acrylics using acrylic paints, acrylic mediums and acrylic inks. This course is suitable for beginners in acrylics
Acrylics are fast drying, and have brilliant colour which can be modified to suit the piece you’re working on. By adding gels, pastes and mediums you have the freedom to enhance the texture of the paint and alter its consistency. Apply with a huge array of tools, from brushes to palette knives to pens.
Mediums alter the drying time, sheen, texture or transparency of your paint without undermining its structure.
Equipment washes off with soap and water.
Eve will lead you step by step into creating your own works using a variety of different techniques and tools. She will introduce you to the process of approaching the canvas in a spontaneous expressive way.
One of the aims of the course is to tune in, give yourself permission to open your mind to explore your own individual creative process, to allow yourself to let go, not to be preoccupied by producing a perfect final work. To open your creative self to a spontaneous response, an expression to the materials and tools that are being used. BUY NOW
Materials – see our CASS ART acrylic basket for 10% discount. Do not feel you have to buy everything new – bring what you have and top ups with what you don’t have.
Below is a suggested list:
- 1 or 2 large canvases (ready made from CASS Arts) at each class
- or acrylic paper
- Masking Tape
- A selection of paintbrushes, palette or painting knives, anything that can be used to apply paint as well as any large house brushes
- Large tubes of the following (CASS art have a set of large tubes):
- Burnt Umber
- Titanium White
- Cling film
- Paint Pens (Acrylic)
- Acrylic inks (set)
- Medium (set)
- Kitchen roll
- Protective Clothing, an old shirt or Apron
- Disposable Gloves
- Jam Jars for cleaning brushes
- plate or palette for mixing
[…] Everything you need to know about acrylics but were afraid to ask… […]
[…] Drawing Taster morning, to Lino Printing, Oil Painting courses and Acrylic courses. Try the Introduction to Abstract Expressionist Painting if you are […]