Next Life Class 27th MAY, 6 – 8.00pm
During lockdown we are trying to find ways to keep everyone enthused, and entertained. We hold regular Life Drawing classes at Hampshire Art studio – at least we used to.
Now we are using ZOOM to get back to what we enjoy doing, but with the occasional twist.
The session is divided into 2 halves (a footballing term apparently) with the first half being guided by Kate Measham. If you want to do you own thing you can turn down the volume and ignore her; if you are a beginner you might find some of her tips helpful. There will be a number of quick poses, followed by longer poses. The second half will be one pose.
The next week (27th May) our model will be holding one pose throughout.
Please join us for a fortnightly life drawing class via ZOOM. The dates of classes are:
- May 13th 6-8pm
- May 27th 6-8pm
- June 10th 6-8pm
- June 24th 6-8pm
We will send you a link to the class on the morning of each session. To allow you to see us all, and most importantly the model, make sure you have the ZOOM app downloaded, then click on the link.
If you are unsure of the technology PLEASE join the class by 5.45pm. We will try to sort out any problems before 6.00.
We want to start the class on the dot of 6.05 with no interruptions.
- The class will start at 6.05pm. Please be ready BEFORE you log on, with paper, pencils, charcoal and whatever materials you want to use.
- We will send you an invitation to you log on to the class from 5.45pm onwards.
- From 6.05 we ask you all to ‘MUTE’ yourselves – there is a button on screen to do this.
- Kate will instruct the model, so you should only hear their voices
- If you click on the square that holds the model she will become the main picture. You should be able to make her square occupy most, if not all of the screen. If you click on the three little dots in the top right hand corner of per square an click ‘pin’ in the drop down menu you should be ok.
- The model will do a series of 1 minute poses, 2 minute poses and a 30 minute pose followed by a tea and wee break of 10-15 minutes.
- Kate will offer guidance until half time. Please feel free to ignore it. We can all have a chat through the break – so demute at this stage
- At approx 7.00 we will have a 45 min pose and then time to look and discuss each others pictures if you want to.
- Please bring own wine!
Each session will cost £10 pp please
Spread the word to anyone you think would be interested in online life drawing
If you are new to ZOOM and worried about the technology please tell us. We can do an orientation session for 20 mins before the class. If you want to do this you will need to tell us beforehand.
THIS CLASS IS FREE FOR ANY FRONTLINE WORKERS – PLEASE PASS ON THE MESSAGE.
They will need to register with us so we can send them the code but will not be charged.