- Wednesday 3rd July, 10.00am – 11.30am
- £10/session or as part of your monthly Lockdown Art Club. Join our Lockdown Club for a discount with the online classes
The class will be via Zoom. You will be given your access code on the morning of the class. If you have not used this technology before please try to ‘arrive at the class’ before 9.50 so we can help you if you need help.
Although museums and galleries are closed to the public at the moment their catalogue of treasures are available at the click of a button. This is a wonderful opportunity to travel around time and space to look at some of the wonderful art of the world. You will build your work on the shoulders of giants.
This class is about looking at one of the fantastic creative works available and using it to your advantage. It is not about copying. Choose one work from the four pictures below, just because you like it. By the end of this class you will be on your way to making something from it that will be entirely your own.
- tracing paper
- photocopy of one of the pictures below
- drawing materials, pencils, charcoal etc
- large cartridge paper, a few sheets
- quick and easy paints or something to apply colour
You will be working towards a final piece, looking at colour, line, composition, narrative, perspective, and anything else that arises.
Don’t let yourself feel you know the direction you wish to take before you start the process.
Be prepared to explore, investigate and let the picture lead you in a new direction.