We are excited to welcome you back to the Studio, Bransbury, this Autumn Term and we’ve been working hard to make it safe for your return. We have put new safety policies in place. We can’t wait to see you whether in the studio, or online.
We are making the Studio Covid-safe in order to ensure that we can welcome students back to on-site courses with us.
We have put the following measures in place:
– Hand sanitiser, and temperature monitor on arrival, and throughout the Studio
– One-way system in place throughout the building
– Social distancing in studio
– Smaller class sizes
– New measures for studio and materials usage
– Online courses for those who aren’t able to return to the studio
All students will receive a fact-sheet prior to the start of the course to let them know what to expect, including information specific to each course.
We have put in measures to ensure safety and reassurance for all concerned. On top of these measures it is important that everyone be aware of others, to dispose of paper towels after use, to wash hands and wipe surfaces.
There will be new social distancing measures put in place for the safety of all and we need your help to keep our studios a safe environment for creativity.
- Students must wear a mask when entering the building
- Hand sanitiser will be provided at the entrance, and in the studio
- The Studio will be set-up with easels, drawing boards, and social distancing measures in place to help keep students, models, tutors and staff safe.
- Class sizes have been significantly reduced
- There will be a queuing system in place for use of the the washing-up sink and kitchen area. Students will be asked to use this area only one at a time.
- Please wear your mask when moving around the studio (including when going to the toilet/sink). You are welcome to take this off when drawing at your easel. However, if a tutor comes to talk to you please put your mask on again. The tutor will wear a mask as well, as they are going around.
- The model will not be wearing a mask while posing. When the model is going on their break, they will wear a mask
- Please bring your own reusable cups or water bottles
A full health and safety talk is given at the start of each course, and on the fact sheet provided.
Due to social distancing measures, we are only able to provide limited materials this term, with no communal, or shared materials. Lists will be sent with all materials you should bring to the studio
Please note that there will be a one-hour lunch break generally between 1-2pm each day, and regular breaks throughout the day. You are welcome to eat a packed lunch in the studios at your easel. Students will still need to socially distance in the studios while eating lunches and will be responsible for cleaning up their food waste.
If the weather is fine it will be possible to eat outside
Online Courses Online courses are here to stay.
For students living outside Hampshire, or abroad, those who have specific access needs, or those who found it difficult to fit a course into a working week, our online programme will continue to run alongside our studio-based programme enabling you to work with us, wherever you are.
If you are unable to join an online-class live you can purchase the recording of the class from tour shop.
Continue to develop your practice from home – all you need is a good internet connection, and your materials.
For more information about online courses and to book click online courses
|Our studios are ready to welcome you back…|
With best wishes,
Hampshire Art studio