We have two exciting workshops on offer over the next few weeks, designed to make the most of our beautiful countryside, the woodland and the open skies.
These two workshops step away from technology and put you back outside breathing fresh air.
with Sarah Chalmers
- tutor, Sarah Chalmers
- May 14th, 15th and 16th
- from 6.00pm – 9.00pm on 14th, 10am – 5pm on 15th and 16th May
- Picnic lunch will be provided
- There will be a buffet supper around a bonfire to start the course
- £275/pp to include picnic lunches and buffet supper on 14th May.
- Off site, in Ancient Woodland between Stockbridge and Salisbury
- If you would like help finding somewhere to stay please contact email@example.com.
If you look at the wonderful work produced by Sarah Chalmers you will see the enthusiasm and joy she finds from working outside in the countryside. Join her to explore this woodland near Stockbridge, with its ancient oaks, yews, coppiced hazel, wild honeysuckle and many more delights. This area of ancient woodland is not open to the general public so you can find a special sort of tranquility.
Sky Workshop in Oils
with Georgina Potter
- Tutor, Georgina Potter
- Monday 14th June. This is a NEW DATE ADDED. Previous date has sold out.
- 10.00am – 4.00pm
- materials list will be sent to you
- Please bring picnic lunch.
- at the Studio, Bransbury
My principle inspiration comes from changing light patterns and the way they, in turn, affect the landscape. I paint instinctively, working directly from life on smaller boards plein air and then often translating the smaller paintings into larger works in the studio. I make fast and decisive marks on the canvas, keeping mark making as lively and energetic as the weather itself. Working primarily in oils, the weather, and its effects on the landscape, are my primary concern, and most of my work reflects the changing light patterns accordingly.Georgina Potter
Georgina has exhibited all over the country and, deservedly,. . won prizes. This is your chance to learn how she approaches skies, the more dramatic the better. These tend to be quick pieces following our ever changing weather.
Hopefully you will be working outside however the studio is ready to accommodate everyone if the weather turns. Georgina has run many workshops and is experienced at encouraging the less experienced.