Join Kate Measham and discover how to find your way into a landscape painting – even in January.
This will be an exciting couple of days exploring different possibilities with quick sketches, more quick sketches, colour sketches, followed by more considered work.
Kate’s approach to painting is to remove the fear factor, to encourage experimenting with new ideas, look to other sources for inspiration, stealing if necessary. Take risks in this safe environment – surprise yourself.
The two days will follow a clear, step by step process so will be appropriate for both the more, and less experienced painters.
- Tutor, Kate Measham
- 26, 27 January 2023
- 10.00 – 4.00
- £236/2 days
- Suitable for beginner and intermediate students
- Tea and coffee readily available. We will provide a light lunch
- Parking available
What to Expect on this Course
This two day course will encourage you to think about different approaches to landscape painting. You will look at how others have captured different aspects from grand panoramas to the space beneath trees.
You will start with lots of quick sketches thinking about composition. These are sketches to help you find new, fresh options; they are easy to change and very helpful.
Kate’s work is mostly with oil, or with wax and ink. You may use any materials you are comfy using.
Essentials for everyone:
- A1 or A2 cartridge paper
- pencils, charcoal, eraser
- at least 3 landscape images you would be happy to share with the group, either photographs or images from magazines. NOT paintings, or drawings
- Images from artists you like
- Materials needed for your chosen media, including paints, canvas or paper, brushes etc
- If you wish to use oils and would like advice about what materials to bring please ask.
We love hearing from everyone who visits our site. Please leave a comment