SPRING SALE…whilst places are availableWas £275…now £255
If you are new to oil painting, or you need a reminder to boost your confidence this is the workshop for you. Join us at Hampshire Art studio to learn the basics on this Introduction to Oil Painting course. Don’t be scared, alarmed or made anxious by oil painting…you will be guided, step by step, all the way.
- Tutor, Kate Measham
- Tuesday 21st to Thursday 23nd March
- 10am – 4.00pm
- £255/course. SPRING SALE PRICE…£255…£255 (was £275)
- tea and coffee provided. Please bring your own lunch
What to expect on this course
This is an intensive three day introduction to the basics of oil painting. You will be drawing with charcoal followed by exercises using paints. By the end of the three days you will have done a number of paintings, colour sketches, monochrome pieces and colourful still lifes.
Over the period of the workshop you will look at mixing paints, tone, different sorts of paint application and learning about the materials, tools and other equipment needed. It is a very busy three days.
We provide the some of the necessary materials but ask you to bring the following:
- OIL & ACRYLIC PAD, A4
- Oil Painting Brushes, Hoghair, get 1 x size 5, 1 x size 8 and 1 x size 14
- pad of disposable palettes
- palette knife
- 2 primed canvas or board at least 16″ x 12″
- rags, jam jars with lids and apron
Oil Paints. Please get large tubes of each of the following:
- Titanium White
- Cadmium Yellow Pale Hue (or a lemon yellow)
- Alizarin Crimson
- Cobalt Blue Hue
Do not get water based oil paints.
We love hearing from everyone who visits our site. Please leave a comment