- Wednesday 15th July, 10.00am – 11.30am
- £12/session or as part of your monthly HAS Art Club.
The class will be via Zoom. You will be given your access code on the morning of the class. If you have not used this technology before please try to ‘arrive at the class’ before 9.50 so we can help you if you need help.
Here is your chance to capture all the colour and wonder of a morning at the circus from your own studio. Quite a lot of it anyway!
Spin spin Sophie hopes to go to circus school in Portugal in October to extend her skills – and she has so many wonderful skills already. This will be a colourful look at circus skills and costumes following in the footsteps of many famous artists such as Chagall, Dame Laura Knight and Seurat.
You will be working towards a final piece, looking at colour, line, composition, narrative, perspective, and anything else that arises. But you will finish the piece on your own after the initial work in the class.
- drawing materials, pencils, charcoal etc
- large cartridge paper, a few sheets
- quick and easy paints or something to apply colour
- whatever media you wish to work on, and a support for your final piece.
Don’t let yourself feel you know the direction you wish to take before you start the process.
Be prepared to explore, investigate and let the picture lead you in a new direction. And enjoy a morning at the circus.