Kate and Rosie plan to open the studio at Casa Rosa in late September and look forward to welcoming you. After the long lockdown with all the burdens that have gone with it we want to get away to the welcoming luxury of this gorgeous Spanish retreat. Join us from 26th September – 3rd October, 2021.
We don’t want deposits at this stage. We would like any of you who are interested to register with us, and to put the dates in your diary.
Casa Rosa in the Autumn: Wild flower heaven
In late September and early October join us for art and culture in the Axarquía, the mountainous area to the north east of Malaga. The hills and orchards of Andalucía will be ripe with citrus fruit and wild flowers. Nestling into the landscape, Casa Rosa will have olives, garden flowers and fruit growing in the orchards and around the houses.
“Andalucia is one of the most beautiful corners of Europe, where the excesses of modern life do not seem to have taken root and travellers are welcomed as honoured guests. Beloved by Orson Welles and Ernest Hemingway, it is the Spain of Carmen, Figaro and Flamenco. Rich with the legacies of the Moors and Romans its charm and serenity will captivate you.” Sunday Times
Artists take over Casa Rosa
26th September – 3rd October, 2021
£975 use of studio, no tutor, full board, with double room and ensuite. If you wish to have a room on your own there is £150 single supplement.
Flights are not included. There will be a taxi service to and from Malaga Airport included in the cost of the holiday if you take the flights we suggest.
An artistic retreat: you will be free to be as creative and innovative as you feel inclined. No interventions other than meals. There will be options offered, but not distractions, and all the creature comforts will continue to appear as regularly as ever.
This week is freestyle and untutored.
If you want space and time to do your own thing, this is the week for you.
On offer is the full range of delightful facilities, delicious, freshly cooked meals, regular drinks and snacks, and all the beauties of Casa Rosa and its surrounding environment. There is a large studio space with easels, drawing boards etc.
If you want time away from your easel there is a tennis court, swimming pool, table tennis and many beautiful walks. Alternatively, put your feet up with a good book and enjoy the gardens, the orchards and the mountains beyond.
If you’re interested in bringing your own group of students to Casa Rosa this is a perfect way to have a trial run.
What to expect at Casa Rosa in the Autumn 2021
Enjoy the the friendly, supportive, house party atmosphere of art retreats at Casa Rosa. Whether you come on your own, with friends, family, or partners, you will be part of a group.
If you want to spend some quiet time on your own there are walks through the countryside or up to Periana. The rooms are quiet and extremely comfortable. We endeavour to make your stay as relaxing and enjoyable as we can.
Food, fresh from the orchards and markets
Casa Rosa sits in the middle of its own orchards and the Autumn will see these bursting with fruit. The house and cottages are full of delightful surprises, pictures, pottery and antiques collected locally and from years of travel.
Have a look at the facilities of Casa Rosa Estate – tennis court, pool, ping pong table – freely available and the nearby village only a walk away.
Meals will be a communal affair with Rosie, her helpers and the other artists and guests eating together. The produce is sourced locally where possible including the olive oil which comes from the estate.
Wednesday will be a day off for everyone except the cook… Meals will be available.
The Boring Bits
Artists take over Casa Rosa – Untutored
- 26th September – 3rd October, 2021
- £975 use of studio, no tutor
- full board with room and ensuite.
- If you wish to have a room on your own there is £150 single supplement.
If you have registered an interest we will ask for a £300 deposit by 1st August and the final payment on 1st September.
Collection and return to Malaga Airport at the beginning and end of your stay are included in the price if you choose to book our suggested flights. If we need to book a taxi to collect, or deliver you to an alternative flight this will be at your cost.
If you wish to be more independent there are a number of car hire companies at Malaga airport. There is plenty of space for parking at Casa Rosa
There will be folding stools, drawing boards, and easels available. Everything else you should bring with you. If you wish to order materials and have them delivered to Casa Rosa please contact to Rosie.
Make Casa Rosa in Andalucia your Autumn destination for 2021
We advise you to have travel insurance.
- Places on the course are limited so allocation will be made on a first come, first served basis according to deposit paid.
- The deposit of £300, to reserve your place, is due by 1st August. We will give you a reminder 5 days before this is due. If we do not receive the deposit by this date you may lose your reserved place and others from the waiting list will be offered the course.
- The final amount is due by September 1st. You will get a reminder 5 days before this is due. If we we do not receive full payment by this date your place on the course and the deposit will be forfeited.
- Casa Rosa reserves the right to cancel for whatever reason. In the event of cancellation you will be advised of vacancies on alternative courses.
- If you do not wish to book on an alternative course, a full refund for the course will be given when Casa Rosa cancels.
- If Artists take over Casa Rosa has to cancel due to Covid-19 restrictions a full refund will be given. Any further expenses such as flights, taxis, car hires or other expenses you have incurred will be your own responsibility and not that of Casa Rosa, Kate Measham or Rosie Tatham.
- In the event of cancellation by the guest before 31st August 2021, we will endeavour to fill your place and if successful we will refund your deposit, if we are unable to fill your place the deposit will be non-refundable.
- If you cancel between August 31st 2021 and September 15th 2021 you will forfeit 85% of the total cost (including the deposit) If you cancel after 15th September 2021 you will forfeit the entire cost of the course.
- We reserve the right to remove anyone from the course and from Casa Rosa, at their own cost and forfeiting their costs for course, flights and sundry expenses, due to anti-social, or unreasonable behaviour.
- PLEASE TAKE OUT FULL TRAVEL AND HEALTH INSURANCE
If you want to chat about the trip please contact:
Kate Measham on firstname.lastname@example.org or T:+44 01980 863155
Or Rosie Tatham on: email@example.com or T:07940 833025