With Eve Dawson, via ZOOM
- Mondays 27th July, 3rd, 10th, 17th and 24th August 2020
- 10.00am – 12.00am
- £75/course of 5 classes. You must purchase the course as a whole.
- This is not part of the Art Club
The class will be via Zoom. You will be given your access code on the morning of the class. If you have not used this technology before please try to ‘arrive at the class’ before 9.50 so we can help you if you need help.
During the class all students will be muted and the video of the students turned off. It will be possible to ask questions.
On this course Eve will be sharing with you her favourite methods of using acrylic paints, working in a very loose, fast and ‘fear free’ way.
Eve’s encouragement and enthusiasm will lead you through the step by step process of building up an expressive and abstract art work using the image provided.
The image of a summer meadow is where Eve spent a great deal of time during lockdown, observing and studying nature, and generally feeling grateful for having this natural space nearby.
Whether you are a complete beginner, or someone who has some previous painting experience, Eve will demonstrate and work with you to
explore a variety of ways to apply acrylic paint to a canvas using different brushes and tools so that you can create your very own interpretation of a ’Summer Meadow’.
Materials for Intuitive Steps to Abstract Acrylic Painting:
- Any size canvas or canvas board, preferably A3 or larger
- A solid support for your canvas as we will be working upright
- Titanium White
- Payne Grey
- Whatever other acrylic paints you have available
- Fine, Medium and Wide Paintbrushes
- Cardboard or Plastic with a firm edge
- Pallette Knives
- Thin Sticks
- Kitchen Roll
- Water Mister
- Disposable Gloves
- Water Jar
- Mixing pallete or plate