With Eve Dawson, via ZOOM
- Monday 20th July, 2020
- 10.00am – 11.30am
- £12/zoom class
- This is not part of the Art Club
The class will be via Zoom. You will be given your access code on the morning of the class. If you have not used this technology before please try to ‘arrive at the class’ before 9.50 so we can help you if you need help.
During the class all students will be muted and the video of the students turned off. It will be possible to ask questions.
In this first lesson Eve will be introducing and sharing with you her favourite method of using acrylic paints, working in a very loose, fast and ‘fear free’ way.
Through Eve’s encouragement you will discover a variety of ways to apply acrylic paint to the surface of your paper, using different brushes and tools.
This ‘freeing up’ will enable you to go on to produce your own unique expressionist intuitive works of art.
This lesson is in preparation for a series of classes where everyone will work from the an image provided, where upon all the new skills you have learnt can be applied.
Materials for Intuitive Steps to Abstract Acrylic Painting
- Acrylic Paints: Titanium white, Black, Paynes Grey
- A surface to paint on – large sheet of thick paper or canvas board,
- We will be working upright so you will need to find a good solid support for your paper or canvas board
- A selection of brushes, from very fine to house painting brush size
- Scrap cardboard or plastic with a firm edge
- thin sticks from the garden
- Kitchen roll
- Disposable gloves
- Plate or plastic palette
- Water Mister
- Pallette Knives