Kate and Rosie plan to open the studio at Casa Rosa in late September and look forward to welcoming you.
After the long lockdown, with all the burdens that have gone with it, we want to get away to the welcoming luxury of this gorgeous Spanish retreat. We are delighted to welcome Antony Williams to Casa Rosa, working in oils and teaching landscape.
Join us for a week at Casa Rosa, with Antony, from 3rd to 10th October, 2021.
We don’t want deposits at this stage. We would like any of you who are interested to register with us, and to put the dates in your diary.
What is included?
£1,550/person – use of studio, tutor, full board including wine and soft drinks, with double room and ensuite. There is no single supplement. If you wish to share there is £150 off each person. We are delighted to welcome none painting partners.
Flights are not included. There will be a taxi service to and from Malaga Airport included in the cost of the holiday if you take the flights we suggest.
We will send you a list of art materials you need to bring with you. We can provide these, if necessary – please ask in advance and we will give you an idea of the cost.
We are delighted to have Antony Williams joining us at Casa Rosa for a week teaching Landscape. He is a talented, prize winning artist whose work is in demand across the world. He is highly sought after for portraits, people in landscapes, and wonderful, quirky still life.
This is a wonderful opportunity to take a course with Antony who is extremely knowledgeable. Having done a course with him at Hampshire Art studio I think I should add ‘patient’ to this list of attributes.
Have a look at the portraits and landscapes on his website
There will be daily tutored sessions, and time to paint on your own. The fruit orchards including lemon trees, olive groves and wonderful gardens of Casa Rosa will be your inspiration. There is a large studio space with easels, drawing boards and stools.
What to expect at Casa Rosa in the Autumn 2021
Enjoy the the friendly, supportive, house party atmosphere of art retreats at Casa Rosa. Whether you come on your own, with friends, family, or partners, you will be part of a group.
If you want to spend some quiet time on your own there are walks through the countryside or up to Periana. The rooms are quiet and extremely comfortable. We endeavour to make your stay as relaxing and enjoyable as we can.
Food, fresh from the orchards and markets
Casa Rosa sits in the middle of its own orchards and the Autumn will see these bursting with fruit. The house and cottages are full of delightful surprises, pictures, pottery and antiques collected locally and from years of travel.
Have a look at the facilities of Casa Rosa Estate – tennis court, pool, ping pong table – freely available and the nearby village only a walk away.
Meals will be a communal affair with Rosie, her helpers and the other artists and guests eating together. The produce is sourced locally where possible including the olive oil which comes from the Casa Rosa estate.
Wednesday will be a day off for everyone…except the cook. Meals will be available.
The Boring Bits
Landscape Painting with Antony Williams RP, NEAC
- 3rd to 10th October, 2021
- £1,550 use of studio, morning tuition
- full board with room and ensuite.
- If you wish to share a room there is £150 per person reduction.
If you have registered an interest we will ask for a £300 deposit by 1st August and the final payment on 1st September.
Collection and return to Malaga Airport at the beginning and end of your stay are included in the price if you choose to book our suggested flights. If we need to book a taxi to collect, or deliver you to an alternative flight this will be at your cost.
If you wish to be more independent there are a number of car hire companies at Malaga airport. There is plenty of space for parking at Casa Rosa.
There will be folding stools, drawing boards, and easels available. Everything else you should bring with you. If you wish to order materials and have them delivered to Casa Rosa please contact to Rosie.
Make Casa Rosa in Andalucia your Autumn destination for 2021
We advise you to have travel insurance.
- Places on the course are limited so allocation will be made on a first come, first served basis according to deposit paid.
- The deposit of £300, to reserve your place, is due by 1st August. We will give you a reminder 5 days before this is due. If we do not receive the deposit by this date you may lose your reserved place and others from the waiting list will be offered the course.
- The final amount is due by September 1st. You will get a reminder 5 days before this is due. If we we do not receive full payment by this date your place on the course and the deposit will be forfeited.
- Casa Rosa reserves the right to cancel for whatever reason. In the event of cancellation you will be advised of vacancies on alternative courses.
- If you do not wish to book on an alternative course, a full refund for the course will be given when Casa Rosa cancels.
- If Landscape with Antony Williams has to cancel due to Covid-19 restrictions a full refund will be given. Any further expenses such as flights, taxis, car hires or other expenses you have incurred will be your own responsibility and not that of Casa Rosa,Antony Williams, Kate Measham or Rosie Tatham.
- In the event of cancellation by the guest before 31st August 2021, we will endeavour to fill your place and if successful we will refund your deposit, if we are unable to fill your place the deposit will be non-refundable.
- If you cancel between August 31st 2021 and September 15th 2021 you will forfeit 85% of the total cost (including the deposit) If you cancel after 15th September 2021 you will forfeit the entire cost of the course.
- We reserve the right to remove anyone from the course and from Casa Rosa, at their own cost and forfeiting their costs for course, flights and sundry expenses, due to anti-social, or unreasonable behaviour.
- PLEASE TAKE OUT FULL TRAVEL AND HEALTH INSURANCE
If you want to chat about the trip please contact us.
- To register an interest please email: email@example.com or call:
- Kate Measham on firstname.lastname@example.org or T:+44 01980 863155
- Or Rosie Tatham on email@example.com or T:07940 833025