Capturing the colour and light of Spring with an abstract, mixed media approach
- Tutor, Eve Dawson
- Monday April 19th, 26th, May 10th, 17th and 24th (FIRST HALF of TERM)
- June 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th (SECOND HALF of TERM)
- 10am – 12, via Zoom
- £220/course or, £125 first half, £105 second half
- There will be a dedicated WhatsApp group for the duration of the course for easy exchange of images and support
- You will be sent a zoom link for the course
- Please see materials list towards the end of this information
All our April and May Zoom classes are recorded, and we send access codes to students to use in conjunction with the classes. This has proved to be a popular addition to ZOOMing.
In addition, all of the online courses have dedicated WhatsApp groups for easy sharing of images, support and encouragement. We hope you all enjoy these useful additions. The WhatsApp groups and access to the videos close 2 weeks after the course finishes.
PLEASE NOTE: this class will NOT take place on May Bank Holiday Monday
Eve Dawson specializes in an expressionist and intuitive style of working which is full of energy and colour. She lives in a Hampshire village on the river Test and uses her rural environment as inspiration for her work.
Eve brings life and excitement to all she produces with an open approach to materials, equipment and artistic references. This is an opportunity to benefit from her knowledge and enthusiasm.
What to expect on the course
On this nine week mixed media course Eve will guide you towards producing a large intuitive/expressive work on the theme of ‘The Drama of Spring’. Students will be using acrylic paints, graphite, watercolour pencils, acrylic inks and oil pastel… plus whatever materials come to hand.
Artists whose influence will inform the direction of the course are Rothko, John Hoyland, Robert Motherwell.
STOP PRESS…STOP PRESS…STOP PRESS…STOP PRESS…STOP PRESS…STOP PRESS…STOP PRESS
For those of you whoa re fans of Grayson Perry’s Art Club 2, Eve’s painting,below, was featured in the episode whose theme was ‘Nature’. Well done Eve!!!
Bring materials that you have available, even those things NOT on the list below.
- 2 x ready made largish canvas/prepared board, and quality cartridge paper A1,
- Acrylic Paints: Any paints you may already have including:
- Titanium White,
- Payne’s Grey,
- Ultramarine Blue,
- Cadmium Red,
- Magenta or Rose,
- Lemon Yellow,
- Cadmium Yellow, all available from The Range or online with Amazon.
Drawing and line making materials
- pencil, watercolour pencil
- oil pastels
- other line making and drawing equipment
Other things may be added later
Tools for applying paint: straight edge brushes, rounded brushes, palette knives, plastic scrapers, old credit cards, sponges and old house brushes, plastic sheeting to protect walls and all surfaces, water sprayer, apron or old shirt. Two jam jars for water. Plus kitchen roll for general mopping up!
You will need to be able to work upright so arrange an area at home where you can place an easel if you have one, either free standing, or table top, or a drawing board, avoid working flat.
We run a Whatsapp group for this class so students can share their work with Eve and with each other.